2016 Unitarian Universalist Convocation
October 27 – 30, 2016 in Minneapolis / St. Paul at the Airport Hilton Bloomington, MN. Together we will explore a variety of questions related to the theme: Beyond Boundaries.
Which boundaries have defined or still define Unitarian Universalism? What can the 19th-century Western Controversy teach us about today’s controversies? What controversies reside in and surround Unitarian Universalism today? How do legacies of conflict and violence over “the frontier” shape Unitarian Universalism today?Where are today’s “frontiers”? How have Unitarian and Universalists grown in the past?• What might enable growth in Unitarian Universalism today.
Guest Speakers and Papers
- Universalist Survival: What’s Love Got to Do with it? by Dan McKanan
- The Unitarian Archival Heritage in Transylvania. by Lehel Molnar
- The Ecumenical Lineage of American Clergywomen: 1863-1985, by Maria L.K. Rutland
- Phebe Ann Coffin Hanaford: A Pioneer Who Opened the Way for Other Women, by Rosemarie Smurzynski
- Horatio Stebbins: Growing Unitarianism Beyond the Boundaries of the Boston Elite, by Arliss Ungar